The Family Support team have a holistic approach proving a range of services to support you and your child on their journey with us at St Martins and Horizons. Our aim is to ensure that all our students are happy, confident and secure.
Our family support team consists of:
Jessica Longhurst - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Marie Chadwick - Lead Practitioner for Families
Monika Wood - Family Support Worker
We work closely together to offer support to families. We encourage you to talk to us, no issue is too small to share.
We provide support on
- Information on services
- Information on funding
- Tailor-made support for home to help with routines and preparation for changes
- Opportunities for sharing experiences with other parent carers
- Parent Carers sessions with outside speakers and staff who can offer training and advice
To make a referral, please complete this form.
Please see below for our Statement of Intent:
- National Autistic Society. The NAS Derby & District Branch is a local support group for parents/carers of children and adults on the autism spectrum.
0808 800 1050
- Mind. Provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding 0300 123 3393
- Cerebra. National charity helping children with brain conditions and their families discover a better life together. 01267 244 200
- Contact a family. We are Contact, the charity for families with disabled children. We support families, bring families together and help families take action for others. 0808 808 3555
- Umbrella. Supports families living in Derby City and Derbyshire providing a range of exciting activities. 01332 785658
- Talking Point. Talking Points offers you the opportunity to have a face-to-face chat with a social care worker in a convenient location in your community. 01332 640777
- Disability Direct. Form filling service, Benefit support. 01332 299449
- NSPCC. The NSPCC is the UK’s leading children’s charity, preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover. 0808 800 5000
- Parent and Carers Society. We are the forum for Derby City – an independent, non-political, voluntary group of parents/carers who have children with a range of SEN & disability needs. Contact via Facebook.
- Derbyshire’s Carers Society. Provide a host of services to support unpaid Carers across the count of Derbyshire. 01773 833833
- Safe Speak. Counselling and other emotional help services for children aged 5-18. 01332 3491777.
- Funability. Sessions are aimed at those between 3-18 years with a wide range of disabilities. 01332 604080.
- New Life (Call Karen) Apply for specialised equipment. 01543 468888
- Direct Help and Advice. Provide specialist advice, advocacy and representation for families and individuals facing crisis, to prevent and alleviate homelessness, debt and housing difficulty. 01332 287850
- Steps. Provides support and advice for children and young people with sensory impairments, physical impairment, social communication and autism and children in the early years. 01332 641400
- Derby SEND. A hub of information and advice for children and young people from 0 to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families. 01332 640758
Do what you want – http://www.dowhatyouwant.org/
Umbrella – http://www.umbrella.uk.net/home.html
Cerebra – http://w3.cerebra.org.uk/
Contact a family – http://www.cafamily.org.uk/
Safe speak – http://www.safespeak.org.uk/
Communicate to print tool (free 21 day trial) – https://widgitonline.com/